Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Scout tee #1 : the sewing machine version

I finally made my very first Grainline Scout Woven Tee, after seeing many cute versions online and being amazed by the talented Jennifer and her blog.  I first came across her handknits, which led me to her sewing blog, but in either case she definitely inspires me! I immediately purchased her pattern and decided to make this one of my go-to summer shirts.

                  


I found some really goofy AND super cheap fabric at Joann's to try a wearable muslin.  I adore this fabric, actually -- it's a bunch of sewing machines, mod style, some with a lime green accent color.  I feel totally goofy wearing it (which is a good thing for me). 

               

This first incarnation was a size 10, and is probably a bit large.  I'll size down next time.

               

I added a pocket à la Wiksten tank, and managed to place it perfectly so it blends in.  Can you spot it?

               

I feel a bit like a medical professional in this tee, but that's mainly because of the bagginess and the stiffer cotton I used.  I can't wait to make this pattern in different fabrics!  My last favorite thing about this tee shirt is that the robin's egg blue of the sewing machines perfectly matches my favorite color to wear on my toes right now.  Hard to tell in the photo, but they are a perfect match!

                   

Project notes :
Pattern : Grainline - Scout Woven Tee
Fabric : Cheap-o cotton blend
Mods : Size 10 -- with a pocket added
{{On Kollabora here.}}



No comments:

Post a Comment