Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Finished tank top! : Sorbetto #2 : the Mexican Skull version

After my first Sorbetto, I decided to move on and make another one using some inexpensive fabric that I picked up a loooong time ago at Joann's on clearance.  


                

The fabric is a Mexican skull-inspired print, which is perfect for me because I'm a Spanish teacher -- but also because I also have a deep and not-so-secret desire to be just like The Friz.  

                

I love that the red skulls match my favorite red clogs.  I used red thread on this tank top in anticipation of an outfit with red accents.  I also omitted the pleat because I thought this print might be too much with an additional pleat going on.



This tank top looks at home with a pair of shorts, but will also be perfect with a certain jean skirt I have in mind for a school outfit.  

                   


I can't wait to wear this during our hot days head as I start the school year!  




Project notes :
Pattern : Sorbetto top by Colette (free!)
Fabric : mystery sugar skull fabric from stash
Mods : Omitted the pleat / Size 8, armscyes graded to 10.
{{On Kollabora here.}}



No comments:

Post a Comment