Sunday, August 10, 2014

Finished tank top! : Sorbetto #1 : the trial version

I decided I needed more tank tops this summer and so tried out a pattern that I hadn't attempted yet -- being obviously the last sewing blogger on the planet to have made this, the free Colette Sorbetto top.  I have long admired the many versions of this tank top, and am pretty excited to add this to my repertoire.

               

I wanted to make a version using some stash fabric that wouldn't kill me if this didn't turn out -- so I dug into my men's button down shirt collection and picked out one with a fun print.  To modify this tank to use the shirt as a base, I used the button down front in the back, removed the pocket, and moved the pocket to the front.


I made a size 8, with the armscyes graded to a 10, and it seems to fit perfectly!  I could have sized up to a 10, but this slightly smaller version is just perfect.

                   

I feel pretty proud of my bias facing, which is coming along now.  For this top, I used a 10" square of fabric cut from the arm of the men's shirt, and followed the tutorial on continuous bias binding by the Coletterie.

                  

On to the next Sorbetto project, now!

Project notes :
Pattern : Sorbetto top by Colette (free!)
Fabric : thrifted men's button-down shirt 
Mods : Omitted the pleat / Size 8, armscyes graded to 10.
{{On Kollabora here.}}

No comments:

Post a Comment