Sunday, July 20, 2014

Finished skirt! : Everyday Skirt #2 : the summer bike version

I'm back with the second version of Liesl's Everyday Skirt that I recently made, and I need to get going on updating my blog because I am actually working on my FIFTH version of this skirt. That's how everyday this skirt is!




I'm calling this the "summer bike version", as it was inspired by an amazing trip I took to Germany this summer.  Don't you agree that making handmade projects is the best way to create a souvenir of travels?  In this trip, I went as a chaperone to 15 students from my high school to a city that is one of the top bicycle-friendly cities in Germany, Oldenburg.  It was a fabulous experience for me, mainly because I am a French and Spanish teacher - but NOT a German teacher!  Luckily, the German teacher is my friend and invited me along. :)  The ability to experience the language and culture of a new country was really cool, and riding our bikes everywhere in town definitely made it better.  I was obsessed with the many bikes we saw posed next to cute doors and windows, and here is a composite of a few of the many photos I took :




For the second incarnation of this skirt, I made the size medium, as I made previously.  After this, I have gone down to a size small and I think I've stuck with the smalls since then. I'm a pretty typical size 8-10 and would say that this skirt does run a little large.  For this skirt, I made no other modifications (on my first skirt, I shortened the length and I do believe I prefer the longer version).




The fabric is the bicycle print from the gnome living collection by Robert Kaufman, and I'm super tempted to pick up this same print in aqua for a Scout tee.  We'll see.  I receive compliments on this skirt every time I wear it, so that might justify my purchase ...

  

I need to start taking better finished object photos with my camera instead of my iPhone camera, but in the meanwhile you can see how much I love this skirt.

Last -- I'll leave you with a video of my friend and I bicycling through the streets of Oldenburg. Lovely, relaxing days!




Project notes :
Pattern : Everyday Skirt by Liesl + Co.
Fabric : Gnome Living Bicycles by Robert Kaufman
Mods : Size medium - no mods. 
{{On Kollabora here.}}


















No comments:

Post a Comment