Monday, May 7, 2012

{zakka style sew along} week 1 : Eiffel Tower Tote

I'm back with another finished object from the zakka style sew along ... my zig zag tote!  I know that I'm just a tad late on posting about this, as it's the project from week 1 and we're now on week 5 ... but, I'm in good company, as well as using the excuse that my book arrived during week 2.


As usual, I used poor woman's linen (denim salvaged from my local thrift store).  I found two contrasting cotton prints that would coordinate with the lining fabric I used, and I managed to stick a pocket onto the back of the tote.  (I really love to use original denim pockets on projects!)



For the lining, I broke out an old 1/2 yard of Japanese linen printed with an Eiffel tower scene from my stash that I'd been hoarding for no reason whatsoever ... it's definitely a good thing to be using up my stash in this sew along.  Now, instead of sitting on my fabric shelves, I have a fashionable Eiffel Tower Tote ... just the thing for a French teacher, n'est-ce pas?


If only I could figure out a way to take the tote with me to Paris one day soon ... we'll see if I can work on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment