Monday, March 9, 2015

Portfolio tunic #1 : the crazy calacas + marionetas version

I'm back today to share something I made recently that I'm super pleased with : my (first) Lisette Portfolio tunic.


Though I finished my first Lisette Portfolio top as practice for this tunic, I dove straight into my "nice fabric" to make this as quickly as possible.  Officially, this was supposed to be one of my February sews -- my colors of the month to add into my handmade wardrobe were pink + red -- but I just finished this up this week.  Actually, I think I would have made my self-imposed February deadline but I unfortunately dropped my Rowenta iron in exactly the wrong way and it exploded.  (Or, it at least broke into too many pieces to fix.)  This left me agonizing over what kind of iron to replace it with for several days, and then waiting for Amazon Prime to deliver it.  Needless to say, I was able to finish it finally.   I made it out of a Day of the Dead Alexander Henry fabric that only a crazy Spanish teacher would wear. (Enter me ...) :)


There's not much to say about this amazing tunic that I will love for years on end -- except, did I mention how much I love it??  The fit is perfect -- thanks to the experimental top I was able to size down confidently and I think my smaller size fits well.


The pockets are sublime.  They are perfect for my days spent running around as a teacher with euros stuffed in the pockets (my classroom equivalent of participation points), white board markers, and remote control powerpoint clickers.


I think my little front detail turned out great - I used a gold top stitching and I managed to sew it all rather straight so it looks pretty even all the way around the neckline.


And, I love the button detail on the back, once again.   I see myself making many more of these tunics ... though I'll perhaps vary the fabric choice (dark linen would be nice?) or sleeve length (longer sleeves for the winter, perhaps?).  We'll see ...


Notes :
Pattern : Lisette Portfolio (unavailable but the updated Cappuccino dress is here)
Fabric : Alexander Henry Marionetas in Pink
Mods : none - size 14 made.
{{on Kollabora here.}}



No comments:

Post a Comment